Thursday, December 17, 2009

Visions of Sugar Plums danced in their heads...



It is Christmas time in the Bear Slippers' house, can you feel it?  One of my favorite things is decorating the Christmas Tree and listening to Christmas music.  As I listened to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "O Holy Night" this afternoon on the way home from work, my heart felt light and the season felt real.  It has been difficult to get into the spirit of the season for me this year.  The stress of Mr. Bear Slippers finishing up at the newspaper and getting into both of the University of Washington's business schools (I am still so excited about that) and then getting my test results back and finding out that my doctor's initial diagnosis was correct has been overwhelming.  But, if there is ever a time to heal and feel loved, it is Christmas.  So I am going to take you on a little tour of my Christmas Tree.  I collect a wide variety of Christmas ornaments, namely ones that are unusual and full of quirky character (like Fuzzy Bear Slippers herself).

Here is my tree:




I have a little tree because we don't have the floor space to properly display a big tree, but I put it on an end table so it looks tall and then I drape the table in green velvet and gold brocade.  I love my star on top, though it was nearly impossible to get a proper image of it.  The camera doesn't really pick up the sparkle of the glitter.

Here is Wonder Woman:



Please note the detail in her golden lasso.  She is ready to kick some butt.  Right next to her is an ornament of her invisible jet, but alas, you can't see it, because, well, it's invisible.

When she isn't doing invisible jet setting, she likes to roll like this:




And here is her Justice League pal Kal-el (aka Superman):

 

And last but not least (for tonight anyway), Uncle Bob Bear Slippers.  He is visiting from Kodiak.




And there you have it.  Christmas in the Bear Slippers household.  I hope that everyone else is enjoying the season too.  It never seems to last as long as it did when I was a kid.

Happy Holidays.

F. Bear Slippers

No comments: