Thursday, December 3, 2009

To infinity, and beyond!

Have you ever had to sit through a business meeting that seemed like it would last forever? I had to sit through one today, and in honor of said meeting, I would like to post my top ten favorite things about long meetings:

10. My rear end gets a break from sitting in my regular chair… By sitting in one less comfortable.

9. I get to do my Kegel exercises while holding in my pee for 2 ½ hours.

8. Making whirlpools with my water bottle.

7. Pretending to listen to people I pretend to like, whilst pretending to care about whatever it is they might be saying. In short, I get an opportunity to work on my multitasking skills! That baby is going on the resume!

6. Having an opportunity to sit and ponder the mysteries of space and time.

5. Thinking about how black holes are made, and how they relate to the mysteries of space and time.

4. Contemplating cheese. (Oh come on, you can’t tell me you have never done it.)

3. Wondering if ghosts are real, and if they aren’t then how do I explain all of the weird stuff that happens on Ghost Hunters. (Seriously, did you see the one with the ghostly figure in the heat spectrum reader???)

2. Wondering if putting garlic around my bed will keep the ghosts from getting me while I sleep tonight. Vampires are dead and ghosts are dead too, so it should work, right?

And my number one favorite thing about sitting in long meetings:

1. All the cupcakes I can eat!


F. Bear Slippers

No comments: