Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another one bites the dust...

With the start of the New Year (and a new decade to boot!) it seems prudent to lay out my resolutions for the year.

I have decided not to make any resolutions specific to an amount of weight that I would like to lose, because inevitably I feel disappointed with myself by March and it becomes just another year of failure. So in an effort to be more realistic in my New Year planning, my resolutions for 2010 are as follows:

  • Be healthier (eat better, more exercise)
  • Get more sleep
  • Be on time (well, at least more often)
  • Read 100+ books, including at least 15 unread books from the list of Top 100 Books I Want to Read Before I Die.
  • Win the lottery, quit my job in a spectacular fashion, blow all my money on cars and salted caramels, beg for my job back, end up living in a cardboard box.
  • Create and stick to a budget. (This one is obviously contingent upon the unsuccessful completion of Resolution No. 5.)
And there you have it. I hope you all have a very happy New Year! 

F. Bear Slippers

No comments: